1) Completed a 120 hour or more TEFL certification.
You need to have completed the Ninja Teacher Online TEFL Course or another TEFL certification which meets certain standards. The course must have included actual assessment on your knowledge and lesson plans from a real tutor and you should feel prepared to create a lesson plan after the course. If that's not the case, we recommend taking our online TEFL course first. Groupon quality courses without real assessment are not accepted.
The certificate must also be authenticated for use in Vietnam before the program start date. If for any reason a TEFL provider's certificate cannot be authenticated / accepted for use in Vietnam, we won't be able to fulfil job placement until you have completed an accepted course.
2) Submit a short application to demonstrate a basic level of TEFL knowledge and skills.
You will need to complete a short application to show you are familiar with lesson planning and the foundations of teaching ESL. If you do not feel confident in this we advise taking our Online TEFL Course first, then applying for this program, or taking our full Vietnam TEFL Course instead.
2) Completed a bachelor's degree in any subject.
This is required by the Vietnamese government in order to obtain a work permit and work legally. The degree can be of any major as long as it is a full bachelors degree from an English speaking university / college.
Don't have a degree? Consider our TEFL Extension job placement program in Cambodia. Cambodia is the only country in Asia where one can legally teach without a degree.
3) Native English Speaker from either the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand.
While at Ninja Teacher we believe that anyone can be a good teacher, there is a strong demand for native English speakers in Vietnam which makes it so we cannot ensure placement from those who are not from the above countries, and we do not want to bring anyone out to Vietnam who we are not 100% confident we can help secure employment. In addition, some of our partner schools where program attendees conduct practical classes only allow native speakers, and this is an essential part of the program.
4) Be fit and healthy as a basic health screening is required to secure a work permit.
Any pre-existing physical or health conditions should be cleared with our enrollment manager.
5) Able to obtain a clean criminal background check from home country (some exceptions may apply).