Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to take this course and teach English abroad or online?
Our online TEFL course is open for enrollment and completion for anyone who is fluent in English and would like to learn the skills and receive a qualification to teach teach English as a foreign language.
That being said, it's important to know that a completed Bachelors degree (in any subject) is required by many countries to legally work. However, some countries, such as Cambodia, do not require a degree. Several online teaching companies also do not require a degree.
Additionally, many countries designate certain nationalities as "Native English Speakers" or NESs as those who have a passport from either the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa and NESs are preferred by many (and required by some) governments and schools.
- How will I be assessed in this course?
The course assessment compromises of completing online quizzes, submitting written assignments, recording and submitting a short video and submitting completed lesson plans. Here is a full breakdown of the course requirements.
- Do you offer a money back guarantee?
Yes! We're confident that the Ninja Teacher Online TEFL Course offers the highest quality content you can find on the market, but if you're unsatisfied with the course in any way, all you have to do is send an email to [email protected] within the first 7 days of enrollment and we'll give you a full refund on your course tuition.
- Will COVID-19 affect the shipping of my certificate?
Due to COVID-19, our free shipping of your certificate may be delayed. Your soft-copy, issued within a few days of course completion, can still be used to apply for jobs though. Please contact our team if you would like to choose expedited shipping of your hard-copy for an additional fee. Please note, this may be approximately $35 depending on your country.
- What should I look for in an Online TEFL Course?
A TEFL certification is a government requirement to work legally in the countries, such as Vietnam where our team is based. When it comes to getting a TEFL or TESOL certification for teaching English abroad or online you may see a wide range of prices online.
While it may seem like you’ll save a lot of money by taking a cheap TEFL course from a you should consider that that the low quality of many courses out there may cause you to run into issues down the line.
Here are some things to consider when selecting a TEFL course:
- Avoid Text-Based Courses: it’s hard to convey exactly how badly a highly text-based online TEFL course prepares you to be a good teacher. This is an extremely practical skill that really cannot be taught through text alone. That’s why our Online TEFL Course includes over 10 hours of in-classroom video recorded footage so you can learn from example and see examples of exactly how to teach well.
- Trainer Feedback: without feedback, it’s impossible to know if you’re on the right track. Companies that sell cheap TEFL courses do not have a budget to hire well qualified professionals and for them to put in the time with each individual student. At Ninja Teacher Academy our experienced trainers give you detailed feedback on your assignments, video demos and lesson plan submissions in order for you to improve throughout the training.
- Practical Training. Most online courses include zero practical training. This means they don’t prepare you to actually teach effectively. In Vietnam and many other countries schools require you to do a “demonstration class” during the interview process before they hire you. This is a class that allows them to assess your teaching ability and determine whether they will hire you, as well as how much they’ll pay you. If you take a TEFL course that does not include practical teaching you will have had no real practice experience (and feedback on your teaching) and therefore may not get the job or get offered a lower salary. Not to mention how much less stressful the whole process will be if you have the actual teaching skill-set you learn from practical training so that you feel confident in the classroom. Our TEFL course provides Weekly Live Sessions to get practical experience. This give you the opportunity to practice activities and get feedback from your trainer, as well as answer your questions and help you with your progress throughout the course.